Getting A Great Nights Sleep On Your New Cheap Mattress
To help take some of the confusion out of buying a new mattress, Cheap Mattress Reviews was founded to provide you with consumer reviews of all the leading mattresses available today.
A good night’s sleep is as essential to you as a good diet and regular exercise. Without it, you are more likely to get stressed, be irritable, have a weakened immune system and lack concentration throughout the day. If you have bought yourself a brand new cheap mattress, got yourself some new flannel sheets, and you are still not sleeping well, you need to make some other changes.
Whatever reason you are missing out on a good night’s, there are some changes you can make that will help you get the best nights sleep possible. Here are some tips to help you maintain a healthy sleep cycle as recommended by The Better Sleep Council:
1. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, even at weekends if possible – that way your body ‘learns’ when it should be asleep and when it should be awake.
2. Develop a relaxing bedtime routine for your self – this might include soaking in a hot bath or hot tub, reading a book or listening to some relaxing music.
3. At night your bedroom should be quiet, dark, cool and comfortable for you to get a good night’s rest, so try to create an environment that is conducive to sleep.
4. Your bedroom should be for sleep or sex only – don’t take work related reading to bed with you, and take the television or computer out of the bedroom all together.
5. Don’t eat within 2 hours of your regular bedtime – if you eat too late at night, your body doesn’t have time to digest the food and this can disturb your sleep.
6. Regular exercise is crucial to your overall well-being, and can help you to sleep better. Try to finish your exercise routine at least 2 or 3 hours before your regular bedtime.
7. Avoid stimulants close to your bedtime – Alcohol, nicotine or caffeine can contribute to poor sleep patterns. Nicotine and caffeine (in the guise of coffee, tea or chocolate) can keep you awake or disrupt your sleep, and if you drink alcohol before bedtime, the chances are you will need the bathroom in the middle of the night.
8. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
Some of these points might not apply to you, but if you can make one or two changes it could have a dramatic effect on your sleeping pattern. If you follow these simple tips and get yourself a good quality cheap mattress, there should be nothing to prevent you sleeping like a baby – and speaking of babies, don’t forget your children, they need a good quality mattress as well and if you combine that with a car bed, you’ll make bedtime fun as well as restful and comfortable.