Kingsdown Body System Mattress Review
To help take some of the confusion out of buying a new mattress, Cheap Mattress Reviews was founded to provide you with consumer reviews of all the leading mattresses available today.
According to the Kingsdown sales literature, its Body System mattress makes allowances for each individual body type, for that read your individual body type – to ensure you get the support and comfort that you require. One aim of this Kingsdown Body System mattress review is to determine whether this is fact or not.
We have to question whether an inner-spring mattress, which is what the Body System and every other Kingsdown mattress is, can ever give the same level of comfort of the newer memory foam mattresses. The inner-spring mattress is based on old technology, but that technology has been adapted and improved on immensely over the years, and now some of the world’s finest mattresses are built around the inner-spring system.
Kingsdown don’t manufacture their own components for the Body System mattress, but that’s not necessarily a negative thing, as they are no different from any of the major manufacturers in that matter. Where all manufacturers claim to be unique is in their design and manufacturing processes. Kingsdown’s unique selling proposition is the computer technology it uses to constantly develop cutting edge mattress technology.
What are the advantages of the Body System mattress?
- Because Kingsdown mattresses are not as well known as such as Sealy or Simmons, you can buy a similar quality mattress for considerably less than you would pay for one of the leading brands.
- Each Kingsdown Body System mattress is topped with a 10 inch thick layer of luxury foam to make the mattress as comfortable as possible.
- A Mattress’ greatest enemy is moisture, and to counter that, Kingsdown has incorporated a Flexatron™ insulator to prevent sweat being absorbed. This has the added benefit of eliminating odors, and making the mattress mildew resistant.
- Kingsdown’s Cushion Cloud™ construction ensures that the comfort layers of the mattress provides proper spinal alignment so that any pressure points are eliminated.
What are the disadvantages?
- The Kingsdown Body System mattress is a very heavy mattress which makes it very difficult to move. This is not a huge disadvantage, because mattresses don’t need moving too often, but it is one I thought worth mentioning.
- I have heard reports of some retailers delivering different Kingsdown mattresses from the ones they had on display in their stores. So check very carefully that you get the mattress that you ordered.
While researching this Kingsdown Body System mattress review, it has become obvious that this mattress is very similar in quality and design to the likes of the Sealy Posturpedic mattress – they make use of similar materials and technologies. If anything, what gives the Kingsdown the edge, is their use of computer technology to help their customers find the right mattress for them.