Look After Your New Cheap Mattress And It Will Last For Years
To help take some of the confusion out of buying a new mattress, Cheap Mattress Reviews was founded to provide you with consumer reviews of all the leading mattresses available today.
If you’ve found yourself a really great deal on a cheap mattress, you will want it to last for as long as possible. There are a number of simple steps you can take to ensure your new mattress stays in tip top shape for many years to come:
2. Protect your new mattress with covers – buy yourself a washable mattress cover to help protect your investment form stains. It will add to the cost initially, but will pay for itself many times over in the long run. Mattress covers are also good if you suffer from allergies.
3. Don’t use plastic sheets or covers to protect your new mattress, this will prevent air circulating around the mattress and can lead to condensation and even rot.
4. Give your new mattress some air – it’s not pleasant to think about, but we all sweat at night. For that reason you should throw your bedding back every morning to allow your mattress to breathe and allow the perspiration to dissipate.
5. Rotate and flip your new mattress regularly – Every time you change your bedding you should rotate or flip your mattress, this prevents excess wear on one surface and helps the filling settle evenly when it is new.
6. Remember your last rotation or flip – a good way to remember the position your mattress was in the last time you flipped it is to number each corner of your new mattress with a marker pen. So you would mark 1 and 2 on diagonally opposite corners of one side, flip your mattress over and write 3 and 4 in the same places on the other side. This way all you need to do is make sure the next number is in the top or bottom left hand corner each time you flip or rotate the mattress.
7. Every so often it makes good sense to vacuum your new mattress; this will remove any dust or debris.
8. Don’t let the kids bounce on your new mattress – if they keep doing it, buy them a trampoline!
A good new cheap mattress can last you for up to ten years or more. If you follow these few simple tips, will keep your new cheap mattress in good shape and it will serve you well for many years to come.