To help take some of the confusion out of buying a new mattress, Cheap Mattress Reviews was founded to provide you with consumer reviews of all the leading mattresses available today.
The Simmons Mattress Company was founded back in the 1870's, so it is fair to say they have plenty of history. Their pedigree was enhanced in the early 1900's when they were invited to furnish the first class areas of the ill-fated Titanic. The company has moved on considerably over the last century, and if you take the time to read through some of Simmons mattress reviews, you'll see that their products are some of the most modern available today.
Simmons Mattresses are responsible for many of the leading innovations in the mattress industry, such as the coil spring system, that was introduced back in 1889. Slightly later, in 1900, the company developed the padded coil system - the coils, which were individually hand padded to provide extra comfort, were very expensive to make, so were the sole preserve of their more affluent customers.
Moving ahead to the 1950's, when other manufacturers were stuck manufacturing twin and full sized mattresses, Simmons were the first company to introduce the Queen size and the King size mattress. These larger size mattresses became popular very quickly with the public and other mattress makers after they were featured in magazines such as Life.
Other notable developments from the Simmons Mattress Company include:
- Introduction in 1995 of the Backcare Mattress - this mattress aided the proper alignment of the spine while the occupant slept.
- Development in 2001 of the Olympic Queen size mattress - this was an innovation that gave couples an extra six inches of mattress space, with the need to invest in a larger bed frame.
- Introduction in 2004 of the HealthSmart mattress and bed - this bed was designed to help allergy sufferers while they slept.
The Simmons mattress range splits down into five distinct usage areas. Each mattress type is aimed at a very specific type of customer to address their sleep related needs. The range encompasses all age groups from a range of kids' mattresses, through to foam mattresses and spring coil mattress made for adults. The 5 product ranges are:
- The Simmons Beautyrest Mattress - a pocketed coil mattress that have a 'Triton' base and are claimed to virtually eliminate motion transmission. This lack of motion transfer is said to make the bed ideal for couples to share.
- The Simmons Beautyrest Black Mattress - these are considered to be the Simmons luxury range of coil-sprung mattresses. Featuring an advanced pocketed coil system and consisting of luxury fabrics such as cashmere, silk, and modal yarn, they are said to provide soothing comfort
- The Simmons Natural Care Mattress - a range of mattresses made from 100% natural biodegradable materials. This is an eco-friendly range of hypo-allergenic mattresses that is especially suited to those that suffer from a range of different allergies.
- The Simmons ComforPedic Mattress - made from high density advanced NxG memory foam, this mattress has some clever in-built technology. The advanced memory foam is said to dissipate body heat, which addresses one of the memory foam mattresses biggest drawbacks, that of sleepers over-heating.
- Simmons Kids Mattress - they say it's never too early to benefit from a great night's sleep, and that is what Simmons promises from its kids range of mattresses.
In these Simmons Mattress reviews, will we try to include as many mattress reviews as we can. We will test out their claims to prevent joint pains, back aches and neck problems. If you have your own views on a particular Simmons mattress, let us have your review and we will publish it for all to see.
More Simmons Mattress Reviews